Tapan is back with more useful stuff. Today he is talking about procedure to change SRF without restarting Siebel server or as the title of the post said Zero downtime SRF Migration.
(This is quite enlightening, even I didn’t knew that It was possible)
Here are the steps to migrate SRF without bouncing the servers:
1. Copy the new .srf in the <Siebel server>/ object/<language> directory.
4. In the Component Definitions list applet (top applet), select the Object Manager you want to reconfigure.
5. Click the menu button in the Component Definitions list applet (the top Applet) and then Start Reconfiguration the Object Manager definition. State field will change to Reconfiguring.
6. In the Component Definitions parameters list applet (the lower applet), change the Application Repository File parameter to the new repository file name.
7. Commit the new configuration by clicking the menu button in the Component Definitions list applet (the top applet) and then “Commit Reconfiguration”. The new parameter values will be merged at the enterprise level. To cancel the reconfiguration before it has been committed, click the menu button and then Cancel Reconfiguration.
That’s it, now new users logging in to the application will use the new .srf file. Existing users will
continue to use the old .srf file until they log in again.