balaji_xp a user of SiebelUnleashed forum posted a top Siebel tip few days ago. I feel that is worth sharing with everybody.
We have seen a Status Indicator Icon for Server Components in Server Management Screen and now with the help of tip given by balaji_xp it is possible for us to add that to any entitiy. For example if I want a Service Request to display different colors for different severities or Quotes to display different color based on status. You can use the example given below by balaji_xp and adapt it according to your needs.
We can implement the same behavior in a list applet. Please follow the below steps:
- Select a List applet (e.g., Activity List Applet) and its BC (e.g., Action).
- In the business component, create a new calculated field.
- In the calculated value (e.g., Status Indicator), frame the logic that returns any of the status value as mentioned above(e.g., IIF([TimeDiff] >0, “Unavailable”, IIF(([TimeDiff] > -24), “Offline”,”Online”))
- Go to the List Applet. and create a new List Column “Status Indicator” and set the following properties as below.
HTML Icon Map = Server Administration Icon
HTML Type = Label
HTML List Edit = FALSE
Run Time = TRUE
- In the List Applet, add the control “Status Indicator”.
- Compile the BC and Applet.
- In the application, go to the list applet and observe that the column “Status Indicator” is displayed as in server administrator screen.
You can add to this or post your comments by visting the forum thread.