We all must have worked with SIF files one or the other time. For whom this is a new term I will give a background.
SIF stands for Siebel Information File.
Lot of time we work on our Local System and we need to get the object on which we are working to some other system. How to do that?
To accomplish we can make use of export object feature present in Siebel tools which will export the object in the form of SIF file.
To export an object in Siebel Tools follow the steps given below
- Select the object that you want to export
- Click on Tools Menu » Add to Archive
- Click on Browse and select the path where you want to export it.
- Click on Save
Your object is exported now as a SIF file. It is nothing but a declarative xml file describing the object that you exported. You can open it in WordPad or Internet Explorer to see its contents.
Here is a screenshot showing excerpt of a SIF file for Opportunity Business Component.
You can import it Siebel Tools by following the steps given below.
- Click on Tools Menu >> Import from Archive
- Select the SIF file that you want to import
- You can choose the appropriate conflict resolution method in case there is a conflict with the object you are trying to import. Merge is chosen usually
- You can Review the conflicts and Action in the next window
- Clicking on next will give you the summary of the number of object that are going to imported or created.
- Click on Yes and the your object will be created
In next post I will describe
Why do you need to edit SIF file manually?
How to edit SIF files manually?