I recently installed Siebel 8.1 on my system (in addition to Siebel 7.7 and Siebel 7.8). As I didn’t had my local extracted I copied my friends DBF file in Siebel\Tools\Local directory in order to explore the application.
I started Siebel Tools, put in local user id and password and logged in successfully (without any problems). Then I opened dedicated client and entered same local username and password (the one I used for Siebel Tools) but I got and error saying
“User Id or Password entered is incorrect”
I checked the username and password but it was same that was used for Siebel Tools and had no problems. So, I stared looking at root cause of why this error is coming. Searching Web for this problem brought me suggestion like:
- Copy “mwc_storage.xxx” (actual name of the file is mwc_storage.cfg) from where I copied dbf to the client directory. (This file is present in client directory but is of 0 bytes)
- Delete *.SPF file from client directory.
- Try replacing the SRF file
but nothing seemed to work. Then I saw somebody suggesting that go tinker with data sources.
When you install Siebel 8.1 (in fact any Siebel version) two data sources (System DSN) are created by default SEAW Local Db default instance (for Siebel Dedicated Client) and SSD Local Db default instance (For Siebel Tools)
I went to Client Data Source (SEAW Local Db default instance ) and clicked on Test Connection button after enter my local username and password (in CAPS) as shown below
And received an error:
Selected database is already in use.
I went to database tab and deleted the information in present in Server Name and Start line field and reselected the DBF file using browse button and retested again and this time received message “Connection Successful”
I tried opening the client after this and was able to open it successfully.
P.S: If it still doesn’t work for you try deleting same information from the tools data source also.