Few days back while working on Grand Child display of Product Configurator I had a chance to tweak Siebel Product Configurator SWT files. It is the Siebel Web Template (SWT) files that render the UI of product configurator. So, I thought to share some tweaks that I made to SWT files and the results of those tweaks.
- We had to get rid of the Customize (wrench) icon (as shown below) which acts as the drill down for that product. As we were in process of enabling Grand Child Display there was no need for this wrench to be present.
- Get rid of Explanation Lable
- Look for the SWT file that your product is using.
- In our case it was eCfgControlCheckPriceMultiLevelJs.swt.
- Open this SWT file in any editor (WordPad).
- Search SWT file for the “CfgFieldName:Explanation” string
- We found this text in the section shown below
In this section
CfgFieldName:Explanation, CfgUIControl:lblExplanation, HtmlAttrib_align:center*
Refers to the Explanation section that appears in product configurator
CfgFieldName:Customize, CfgUIControl:lblCustomize, HtmlAttrib_align:center
Refresh to the Customize (wrench) button that appears in product configurator
And the result was Product Configurator UI without customize and explanation options.