There are not many tools available to make life of the developer easier in Siebel World, all you have what Siebel provides. I happen to stumble upon a cool Add On for Siebel Tools that seem provide some cool functionalities to make the life of the Siebel Developer easier.
What’s more is that it is freeware registered under GPL license which means that you don’t have to pay anything for using it. I have been using for few days now and really like the features it provides. I will provide list of few features that I like and you can also watch the video below to see it action.
- CTRL + SHIFT + Q : Gone are the days when you have to make an OR separated string to query multiple objects. Just copy the list from excel (horizontal/vertical) or notepad, highlight the field that you want to query on and hit the combo.
- CTRL+SHIFT+ L: Query for locked objects
- CTRL + SHIFT + A : Query for active Items
- CTRL + ALT + K (Same as thin client) : To view about record.
- CTRL + ALT + K : Open the object explorer and hit the combo to select all the objects in one go
- CTRL + ALT + SHIT + F7: Copy the project name(s) then hit the combo to compile the copied projects.
- CTRL + ALT + F10 : Get the Updated Projects
But the real power of it comes to the fore when you configure the CFG that comes with the power tools, which allows you to:
- Launch local DB from within tools
- Parse Local Spool Files
- Launch Web Clients, Dedicated Client
- Enable Logs without tools restart
As they say action speaks louder than words so go ahead and watch the video below to see it in action.
Or Watch on You Tube by clicking here.
You can download the tool from http://sourceforge.net/projects/siebelpowertool.
Please do share you experience about Siebel Power Tools.