This is an interesting requirement which I found while browsing on the forum. It requires fair bit of knowledge about user property, runtime events and siebel configuration to find a solution. What could be better than sharing it with all you guys and asking for your input to find a good solution.
- Create a copy of an existing view but should be Read-only for fields in that view.
- Ability to copy a existing record in this Read-only view
- Few selected fields must be editable in the new copied record.
- Functionality on click of button on the applet of this view which should be available for the new copied record.
I Hope the requirement is clear enough to think about the solution. I haven’t tried to implement the solution but just thought about the design and want to share my thoughts with you guys and know if it is good enough or not.
- Creating a new read only view is pretty simple.
- Create a copy of the Applets and view and make the all the fields read only on the copied applets except the field that we want to remain editable.
- Create a new Boolean field called Edit Flag on the BC of this view.
- Create a calculated field “Make Read Only” that should evaluate as N when value of Edit Flag field is true and Y when value of Edit Flag field is false.
- Create Field Read Only Field User property for the fields that you want to be editable based on the calculated field “Make Read Only”
- Create a runtime event on Copy Record for this BC with conditional expression as View Name = ‘New Read Only View’.
- Here you can either call a workflow or Business service on this runtime which will make the Edit Flag as true for the copied record.
This should make the fields editable for the newly created record. Hence we can achieve the required result.
I will try to implement this and see for sure that will it work or not but if you think that I am missing something then do let me know. Waiting for your comments