Siebel Business Service Simulator and Runtime Events

Continuing on the Business Service simulator post, I will discuss a problem which I faced while simulating the business service. You might also face similar problem and it is not that easy to find.

Problem:

While simulating the business service kept failing and I could not see any reason for which it should have failed. As it was client side business service I had to do the traditional approach of doing RaiseErrorText in different lines of code to see where it was failing.

Reason:

After initial debugging I came to know that a SetFieldValue statement was resulting in the error. But instead of simulating if I let the business service run according to normal functionality (trigger it through click of button) I didnโ€™t face that error.

That is when it stuck me that we had setup a Runtime Event to trigger that functionality. Now when I was simulating my Business Service the runtime event was also firing which resulted in the invocation of business service again hence the conflict and failure of BS.

Solution:

There can be two things you can do.

  • Change the code so that runtime events donโ€™t fire
  • Deactivate the runtime events.

I followed the second approach and deactivated the runtime events in order to proceed, after deactivating the BS starting working just fine ๐Ÿ™‚

I was able to conclude about the problem because I knew the functionality well but for some beginners it might be difficult to deduce that. It doesnโ€™t even give any indication or hint in the error message that it is failing due to conflict with runtime events.

So the moral of the post is

Moral:

If you are simulating a business service and it is failing without any reason make sure it is not triggering any runtime events.

Happy Simulation ๐Ÿ™‚

Leave a Reply

Contribute