This post will discuss the configuration required to invoke a Popup Applet on a button click. As always we will discuss it with the help of a requirement.
- On a list applet have a button with caption as “Check Status”
- Clicking on that button should result in an applet opening in separate window (popup applet)
I am not listing the normal configuration steps like creating an applet or code to enable the button. I am assuming that you have already done that and just need configure the popup.
- Query the List Applet that you want to add the button to.
- In the Control section create a new record.
- Enter the following values
- Map the control to the Applet UI by editing Applet Web Layout
- Expand the control section and select the Control User Prop Section as shown below
- Create the following user properties
Value: Applet Name to Popup
Name: Check Status
Caption – String Override: Check Status
And you are done. When you click on that button it should popup the applet mentioned by you.