This has taken long time coming but here it is at last. I had posted introduction of SARM provided by SARM Product Manager himself. So continuing that post I will post the instruction to enable SARM on Siebel.
- Go to Administration > Server Configuration > Servers
- Now Select the Server on which you want to Enable SARM
- In the components tab below Server List Applet query for “Server Manager”
- Click on Parameters Tab below it
- Query for Parameter Named “Show Advanced Objects”
- If the value of this parameter is false then set it to “True”
- Query for Object Manager Component in the Component View Tab
For example for Call Center Module Query with “*Call Center*”
- Now Query with “SARM Granularity Level” in Parameter Tab below
- Set the Value to your desired Value where
- Possibel values can be
- 0 = OFF
- 1 = ARM: This setting captures general application performance and is based on the application response measurement (ARM) standard. At this level, Siebel ARM collects information such as process and component boundaries, third-party software calls, database measurements, workflow execution, and script performance. Use this level for general performance monitoring.
- 2 = DETAIL: This setting captures the information at level 1 as well as detailed information such as steps of workflow execution, construction of large objects, reading of large files, and crossing significant architectural areas. Use this level for problem diagnostics.
Next post will be with instruction on how to read Log Files created by SARM.