DTE stands for Data transformation engine. These scripts are usually used during integration. They are alternative to EAI data maps that are available to transform data from one format to another.
I came across DTE Scripts while working on web services
We were getting data in the following format from Siebel.
<tag property1=”value1″ property2=”value2″ property3=”value3″>
The output that we had to send to the external application was.
This was done by just one small function using DTE scripts. Some of the distinctive characteristics of DTE Scripts are:
- DTE scripts can only be written in Siebel Tools.
- The class of DTE Script business service (BS) is CSSEAIDTEScriptService.
- It can have only one method called Execute.
- It can contain multiple data maps.
- It is flexible and powerful way to manipulate siebel messages.
DTE Service has got additional functions (due to CSSEAIDTEScriptService class) to help us process MIME property sets
XML Hierarchy functions
- XPSGetRootElement() : Returns the root element of XML Hierarchy
- XPSCreateRootElement() : Add a root element in a XML Hierarchy
- XPSGetAttribute() : Returns the value of the attribute specified
- XPSGetChild() : Returns the child xml object specified
- XPSAddChild(): Add a new child xml object in Hierarchy
MIME Message Functions:
- GetPartCount(): Returns the number of parts in MIME message
- GetPart(): Returns the part specified by index
- GetAttachmentByCID() : Returns the attachment from MIME message
- Similarly create functions are available to create MIME messages.
Siebel Message functions:
- GetIntObj() : Returns the instance of Integration object and opens it for reading
- CreateIntObj(): creates a new integration object instance
- GetPrimaryIntComp(): Returns the instance of Primary Integration component of Integration object.
- NewInstance() : Creates a New instance and of IO and makes it active.
Similarly several other methods are available. The above given methods are just to give you an idea how powerful and flexible DTE Scripts can be. More detail on DTE scripts can be found in bookshelf PDF called EAI4.pdf
In next posts about DTE Scripts I will give some practical examples of DTE Scripts and the problems I faced while working on them during a project which involved web services.