While working initially in Siebel this was a pretty common error that we faced. The error to be precise was
An error has occurred creating business component %1 used by business object %2. Please ask your systems administrator to check your application configuration. (SBL-DAT-00222)”
This error occurs when you miss a step while configuring your application. That precise step is to add BC to the BO.
Steps from birds eye view to configure a view are as following
- Create a Business Object
- Create a Business Component
- Add Business Component to Business Object
- Assign Primary Business Component to Business Object
- Create an Applet based on the Business Component you created
- Create a View based on Business Object you created and Assign Applets to it.
- Add that view to Screen
- Add that Screen to Application
- Open your Application and Add that view
- Assign Responsibilities to that view
If you don’t add you BC to the BO and try to use your application you will face the above mentioned error. This can be made sure with the help of scripting
Write the following script and try to execute
var BO = TheApplication().GetBusObject(“BO Name”);
var BC = BO.GetBusComp(“BC Name”);
If your BC is missing from BO you will face the above mentioned error.
Add the BC which is giving error to the BO you view is based on and it will solve the Problem.